Feb 09 , 2021
Does your skin look too shiny or greasy? Does it become sweaty? Does it feel too sticky even after regular cleansing and washing? Are your pores too visible and look enlarged? Are you always worried about blackheads and pimples?
If the answers to this question are yes, then you have oily skin.
So do you need to moisturize your already grease-pouring skin?
It’s very normal to have this question. And do not worry! Almost half the population faces all of these issues and have the same query in mind. And to your relief, this article has got the answer to help you with these stressful struggles. Read on to know how to take care of your oily skin-type with the best moisturiser for oily skin and open pores. We will also tell you how to use it for catering to your open pores.
What is Responsible for the Oily Skin?
As a matter of fact, everybody has oil produced on their skin. There are glands under the skin that produce sebum, which formulates natural oils to nurture our skin cells. And all of us have these glands in our skin pores, which release these natural oils to keep our skin healthy and taut.
But some people tend to have a little more share of its effects, which could be due to a multitude of reasons. The prominent reasons are:
- Improperly hydrated skin
- The constant difference in the temperature levels that your skin faces (frequent up down between room temperature and outdoor temperature),
- Genetics and DNA
- The loosening of skin pores as your skin ages
- Hormonal imbalances
- Anxiety or stress
- Excessive exposure to heat and humidity.
Open and enlarged pores only add more to the existing problems. Firstly, they tend to trap more dirt and dust particles, which causes blackheads as dirt mixes with the oil beneath your skin. Secondly, the presence of open pores provides the breeding ground for germs and bacteria, which help to form pimples. Pimples are caused when the sebaceous (sebum producing and secreting) glands are clogged and infected, leading to red and swollen, pus filled lesions.
Thirdly, visibly open pores, especially on and around the nose, or beneath the chin, or on the forehead, look hideous. Lastly, open pores release more sweat, natural oils, and sebum, which make a face look over-greased and shiny. It also causes the first problem, hence making you get trapped in a vicious (and oily) circle.
How to Use the Best Moisturiser for Oily Skin and Open Pores.
Now is the time to address the question, “do you need to moisturise?” If yes, then when, how, and how often?
Moisturiser is essential for all skin types, whether it is dry to normal to sensitive to oily. And hence, even sticky, oily skin needs moisturizing. Albeit, regular moisturizer would not work here. You may try Posch Moisturizer enriched with natural elements, infused with ingredients such as aloe vera and almond. Its unique formula has been specially formed to cater to your specific concerns of moisturizing oily skin with open pores.
● Aloe vera is a nutrient-rich, hydrating ingredient for the skin. The gel-infused cream helps to clear out toxins, dirt and dust. It also tightens the pores and keeps the skin looking fresh, moist and glowing.
● Almond is a natural exfoliator; its elements rinse the skin inside out and removes textured and accumulated tissue and dead skin cells to ensure that all the extra layers are off the skin and the skin is taut and soft.
How to Apply the Best Moisturiser for Oily Skin and Open Pores?You should never put moisturizer on unwashed skin; it not only lessens the good effects but tends to hamper the problems further. Since oily skin has even larger open pores, the dirt and sebum will only cause a riot of acne, blackheads, and pimples if mixed with the lotion.
So you must first always cleanse the face properly and pat it dry before applying any lotion or moisturizer. You should follow a weekly ritual of scrubbing and using face masks to ensure that the pores are properly cleansed and the skin is well-rested.
How Often to Apply Moisturizer of Oily Skin?
You must apply the best moisturiser for oily skin and open pores 2 to 3 times a day. And should not leave it on for more than 4 to 5 hours. Also, the commonly broadcasted ritual of moisturizing before going to bed should not be practiced, especially for people who have oily skin. Organic or not, having any cosmetic on the skin is extremely harmful and not recommended by the experts. You must wash your face every few hours and then put on the moisturizer to reap the best benefits of our ingredient rich formulas.
How to Take Care of Oily Skin and Open Pores?
- To help you cope with open and enlarged pores. We suggest you follow a daily regimen of washing with warm water. It will make the pores open up and release the dirt and dust particles, and all the excess oils will get out. Then put face wash, wash with cool water, and pat dry to ensure the pores are closed. Post the wash, put moisturizing lotion and layer it with sunscreen. Sunscreen is essential.
- Make sure to eat a balanced diet, rich in vitamins and minerals, drink water often, and sweat it out by following a daily exercise schedule.
- Home remedies never go out of use. To have blemish-free, acne-less, un-pimpled, soft and glowing skin, put homemade face masks after every 2 to 3 days. Lemon and honey work best for oily skin, as the honey tightens your pores, and lemon is helpful for cleaning out the dirt.
That’s all that you need to do to get the sought after beautiful grease-free skin. Do not forget to use Posch moisturizer, the best moisturiser for oily skin and open pores. Have a good time looking at our collection of cruelty-free, GMO-free, sulfate excluded, handmade Indian products.